VMware Horizon View 5.2 Transfer Server Repository Setup

It has been sometimes that I last setup my Horizon View Transfer server back when it was in version 5.0.

Today as I need to setup in a Horizon View 5.2, I have to start creating.  So my setup was pretty simple, I have a share drive on the Transfer Server (this can be anywhere), and the binary installation was smooth.

I couldn't find any much details of the restriction from the installation guide, but I did remember version 5.2 support Hardware version 9 which was previously not supported.  Also PVSCI was also supported for the virtual SCSI controller for the disk.

After logging into Horizon View Administrator portal, I added the Transfer Server.  It was then rebooted with configuration to add in 4 virtual SCSI controllers.

Now come the exciting part.  I could not add in the respository and keey getting error:
"Error: 59 - Problem verifying information for an image repository"

I was stuck!  Doing a Google returns me the closest KB but with a different error code.  Decide to give it a go and Wala!

It still applies for Horizon View 5.2 even though the KB states till 5.0.x.   We should add the repository first before adding the Transfer server into the Administrator portal.

Another catcha which is if the repository is on the Transfer Server itself, do not use the Network Share location setting use the Local filesystem.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why VMware or Why Not after Broadcom?

VMware by Broadcom, A New Chapter Forward

VMware vExpert 2024 Application is Now Open!